Thursday 31 January 2013

Master Class - Anurag Basu

Hello!

This week has been very pleasant for the glamshutter team. First, it was the elegant SRIDEVI. And then, the man behind Gangster, Life in a Metro and Barfi! Yes! It was Anurag Basu this time. 
Meeting him was infact a very intriguing moment. A man who started off making movies that tackled the themes of dark passion and adultery, is one of the most interesting person to interact with. Seen here in a crisp white shirt and denims, sharing his personal experiences with us and how it is all about his instincts that urge him to take up a project or not, this man left no stone unturned in answering all our queries. Very down to earth, very humble.



"I just knew that I wanted to be in the media industry and work as a director. But when I landed in Mumbai, I knew no one. I started off working as a background dancer in television, then was a make-up assistant for sometime before I got my call. It was not an easy walk to where I am now. I chose an untrodden path, my own way, and have become the person you know me as now."


His words of wisdom to all - "There is no wrong or right way to reach your goal. Always be prepared because opportunity may come in disguise. Its your instincts that should guide you."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...